Bachelor of Technology, Chemical Engineering, 2015
Why I Chose Fuqua
My primary reasons for coming to business school were a) to explore multiple industries outside of pharmaceuticals which I worked in previously, and b) to learn & practice peer leadership. Fuqua, I realized, would provide me the best platform and enable me to achieve both goals. I spoke to a lot of students and alumni and found how successfully they had transitioned industries, and also learned about the emphasis on student-led activities at Fuqua. During my time at Fuqua, I have been deliberate about putting my hand up for activities that would help me achieve those goals.
Five Best Fuqua Activities
- Relaxing with your classmates with great food and beverages every Friday at a wide range of themed Fuqua Fridays, which are open to partners and kids as well
- Destressing on the last Friday of every term watching FuquaVision documentaries and seeing a lot of your classmates with unique (though mostly embarrassing) talents
- Getting a small group together and climbing the Duke Chapel for a breathtaking panoramic view of the Duke campus and the city of Durham
- Joining a big Fuqua group in Cameron Indoor Stadium to watch the Blue Devils (Duke’s men’s Basketball team) beat most schools in the ACC tournament
- Last, but not least, sitting alongside your fellow classmates for the first time together in Geneen Auditorium for three days of Orientation – a feeling that can rarely be paralleled
My Life Before Fuqua
I worked at ZS as a management consultant, primarily assisting pharmaceutical and biotech companies with their product launch strategies. I started off as an analyst in India analyzing pharma data to drive strategic changes, and then eventually led the go-to-market team in London, UK.
My Life After Fuqua
I plan to work at the intersection of healthcare and technology, mostly in a consulting role so I can continue to improve patient lives across the globe. I learned a tremendous amount about Tech and leadership at Fuqua through classes, projects, and mentored studies, which will enable me drive large scale impact in the health-tech domain.
MBA Association (Co-President)
Class of 2023 McGowan Fellow
Admissions Representative Coordinator
Mental Health First-Aider