MQM: Business Analytics
My Program Track:
Bachelors of Technology – Computer Science Engineering, 2021
Why I Chose Fuqua
The experience that made me believe in “Team Fuqua” and drew me toward this school is the sheer will that current students displayed to talk about their program. Everyone that I reached out to was quick to schedule a call and lead me to detailed resources, as well as further connections. In addition, the curriculum that MQM offers was a major aspect in choosing this program. It is the perfect mix of business and technical skills and allows students from varying backgrounds to get together in a team environment and learn from each other.
I worked as Software Development Engineer at Dell Technologies in an operations management role. The increasing role of analytics in handling operations for a firm led me to a desire to gain a stronger skillset in this field. The MQM degree offered this and allowed me to explore various fields and gain an in-depth understanding of them.
I wish to work as a business intelligence analyst at a retail-chain firm. These firms have great scope to improve both customer experience and inventory management—especially considering the ever-increasing demand for online retail services. I want to be a stakeholder in this process of improvement and innovation, and I believe the skills I am gaining as an MQM student are the best pathway to this goal.
5 Random Things About Me
- I discovered an asteroid! As part of the astronomy club in high school, I was credited with one NEO Confirmation and 11 NEO Observations at the All-India Asteroid Search Campaign.
- I love cricket! In fact, I turned talking about cricket into my favorite hobby. My weekly video podcast, “The Twelfth Man,” has featured renowned sports journalists, international cricketers, and upcoming young talent. My favorite episode to date is with the fan-turned-meme, Muhammad Sarim Akhtar.
- I have a strong passion for graphic design, motion graphics, and video editing. I spent the pandemic-ridden years learning how to design and edit high quality graphics and videos on Adobe software.
- I organized a “Roast of Club Heads” in my undergraduate institution. It had the largest in-house audience of any event that academic year and helped generate enough revenue and talking points to last our club for the next 2 years!
- I played Snow White in my high school’s rendition of “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” and ended up winning the award for Best Actor! Playing different characters on stage as a part of the theatre group has helped me exercise my creative muscles for years.
My Favorite Professors
My two favorites have been Professor Saed Alizamir for Probability and Statistics, and Professor Pranab Majumder for Operations Analytics. I have come to love their classes because they pay extra attention to building a strong bond with students and trying to understand each student. Their teaching methodologies go beyond the coursework into real-life examples, engaging activities that help you understand the concepts better, and discussions that encourage a significant amount of class participation. They are very approachable for concerns and discussions that go beyond an academic standpoint and are keen to create an environment that helps you grow as a student in the classroom and as an individual personally.