MQM: Business Analytics
My Program Track:
Accounting and Finance, 2022
Why I Chose Fuqua
Coming from a business background in accounting and finance, I knew that I wanted to pursue a master degree that advanced my undergrad studies. The MQM program stood out to me with its optimal blend of technical and business courses. The Team Fuqua spirit is another reason that led to my journey here. I received so much help and so many warm welcomes from Fuqua students and alumni during my application process. All of these convinced me that Fuqua was the right place for me to spend my one year of master studies at.
I worked part-time as a Data Analytics Specialist at Illinois Leadership Center before attending MQM. As a student employee, I have seen how we can leverage data to develop valuable insights and that more could be accomplished with data. This eventually brought me to MQM.
I hope to work as an internal auditor or business analyst in the technology or financial services industry. By utilizing data and applying the technical skills I have learned, I want to deliver meaningful insights that empower decision-making process in a company.
5 Must-Do Activities at Duke
- Climb the Duke Chapel staircase with your friends. You will recall the feeling of climbing up those spiral stairs for a long time, and of course, the spectacular view from the top of the chapel.
- Walk in Duke Gardens during fall and spring. Watch the beautiful leaves change colors and cherry blossoms through their full season—you won’t want to miss this.
- Get Duke merch from the Duke Store. Show off your Blue Devil spirit by wearing those cute sweatshirts! Halloween is when the biggest sale occurs.
- Listen to a symphony orchestra at Baldwin Auditorium on East Campus. Take a study break and let music refresh your mind.
- Attend a basketball game at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Cheer on the Blue Devils with your friends and classmates!
Something I Never Expected in My Master’s Studies
I participated in the MQM Fall Data Competition and won first place. I never imagined that I could achieve this after only two terms of studies. The positive feedback I received from judges strengthened my confidence to work as a data professional in the future, and I’m looking forward to seeing my growth by the time the program ends.